Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Not Just a Number

Today was a very special day. The expectedly chorus competition would be held in the afternoon! In the morning, I dressed up in jeans and the "class clothes," which our class had decided to wear during the competition. After finishing the breakfast with an extreme high speed, I grabbed my bag, happily rushing into my dad's car. It was a sunny day with a little bit rain, but it didn't stop my heart from being excited about the contest.

Due to the approach of the competition, the conductor ask us to practice by singing in the soft way that would not hurt our singing voices. As usual, we didn't stop practicing until the competition started.

Just before the performance, we helped each other draw the whisker which made us just like cats that related to one of our songs. The conductor was even drew his nose in black that made him like a mouse! When it came to our turn. We walked on to the stage, facing the audiance nervously, hoping to let them see our brilliant performance.

Seeming to be too nervous, we lose our pace of singing during the first song. However, because of our proficiency of the songs that we had sang agian and again, we quickly calmed our anxiety, finding back our pace and finished it perfectly.

After the competition, the final result came out. Although we were not the champion, we won the second place! I think the most important thing about this place is not its number, but the meaning of trying the best during the process. In fact, I think it is better for us to be the second than to be the first because it tells us that we still have the space to promote.

2 comments:

Kristian said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a great time. What was the song called? Where was it at. I think its great that you can sing. I wish i could sing. Well just wanted to say hi and keep on singing.

Naomi Hasegawa said...

Hello again! I love the pictures you put up on your blog! It reminds me of Japan so much!
Answering your question, I think Taiwan is a great! I don't know very much about your country and I hope that I will get to know more as we continue this blogging.