Sunday, May 18, 2008

Be Thankful

There was an usual things that happened in the world this week. The exceedingly scary incident shocked not only me but also the people worldwide.

After both the school and cram school classes on Monday, I jumped in my father's car. With happy and excitement, I hoped to get right back home, turn on the TV, and enjoy a short period of relex for the hardwork I had just been through. When I finally got home, I sat in my soft couch that had never been so soft before. It was a quiet night. Soft breeze slided into the living room with not a single track, unaware of the thing that was going to happen the next second.

As I turned the channel to the news, an astonishing sight reflexed into my eyes. Sichuan province(四川省) in China, so-called "the Country of Heaven," had raided by a giant earthquake which was the eighth degree of the Richter magnitude scale(芮氏規模). Schools and public buildings collapsed, streets were filled with ruins and scared residents, seriously injured people were so many that the local hospitals were not able to afford any space to stand. Worst of all, due to the trasportation was damaged, it was extremely hard for goods to be sent in.

There was a sad and touched story being reported today. After difficult efforts for several days, the rescue teams had arrived and saved lots of people out of the rubble. In one of the rescue, the team had found a dead mother with a sleeping baby girl in her arms. Beside them was a cellphone revealing the last message,"I love you." Seeing the news, tears with a deep sorrow rolled down my face.

In such an young age, no matter how wealthy we are, we shouldn't take our life for granted. There is not a single thing that we can get for no reason. Compareing to not only the victims in Sichuan but also the poor worldwide, we surely have a much better life. We should be thankful for the thing we get and use them wisely, making the life more meaningful.

1 comment:

Blog of Sara~You know you wanna know said...

First of all i'd like to say that i think japan is awesome.
Second that is really sad. When you say they found the last message on their cell phone screen does that mean the mother never sent it? That's just really sad.